We are a new faith community taking shape in a beautiful, long established setting. Trusting that God is present not only in the Church but also in the World around us, St. Luke’s strives to follow Jesus by opening our doors to everyone and anyone seeking to open their hearts and minds to the… [Continue Reading]
THIS WEEK AT ST. LUKE’S… Week of November 16-22, 2014 Sunday, November 16: 9:30 am – Gathering in the plaza 9:50 am – Kids are invited to attend Godly Play Sunday School or join us in church, either in pews or in quiet play section at front of church. 10 am – Worship begins There… [Continue Reading]
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered, when broken relationships are reconciled. Whenever… [Continue Reading]
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered,
9:30am: Gathering prior to the church service in Saddler Hall or patio.
10:00am: Procession into to the church to begin the worship service.
Godly Play for children K-2nd grade is held during the first part of the service. Children will rejoin their families during the passing of the peace.
11:00: Coffee Hour after Church
12:00pm: Misa en Español
Horario de Celebraciones en Español
Todos los Domingos:
Procesión 11:55 AM.
Inicio de la Celebración - Misa 12:00 PM.
Escuela Dominical - Preparación para Primera Comunión 12:00 PM.
4o. Miércoles de cada Mes:
Misa para Enfermos con Rito de Sanidad 7:00 PM.
Al terminar la Misa nos reunimos a convivir y a compartir lo que los feligreses traigan.
Contact Us – Contáctenos
St. Luke's of the Mountains Episcopal Church
2563 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
Office: (818) 248-3639
Fax: (818) 248-9740
Rev. Bryan Jones
Vicar / Vicario
Rev. Jorge Pallares
Associate Vicar / Vicario Asociado
Church Administrator / Administradora
The Fire House
The little stone building that is on the east side of St. Luke’s property was the second Crescenta Valley fire station in 1930. (The first fire station was open in 1924 on Hermosa Avenue.) According to Mike Lawler, president of the Historical Society of Crescenta Valley, when Foothill Boulevard was expanded the front part of the fire station was cut off. The old Station 19 was moved down the road to 1729 W. Foothill Blvd., where it remains today.
On Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 9pm high school age youth from the area come out to eat food prepared by parents and volunteers. There is a homework room, a pool table, pinball machine, air hockey. All year around you will see 20 - 30 skaters in the church parking lot hitting jumps and rails.
All are welcome!
Coming Up at St. Luke’s/San Lucas
o Saturday, November 29:
• Advent Retreat
o Friday-Saturday, December 5-6:
• Diocesan Convention @ Ontario Convention Center
o Saturday, December 13:
o Sunday, December 14:
• 3 pm – Christmas Community Sing-A-Long and Holiday Jam
o Sunday, December 21:
• 1:30 pm – Posada
o Wednesday, December 24:
• Christmas Eve Mass
6 pm – Spanish
8 pm – English
o Wednesday, December 31:
• 6 pm – New Year’s Eve Mass
o Saturday, January 3:
• 6:30 pm – Epiphany Dinner
Proximos Eventos y Celebraciones
o Miércoles, 26 de Noviembre:
• 7 pm – Misa de Sanación. Ultima del año. Próxima será en enero o febrero.
o Sábado, 29 de Noviembre:
• 4-8 pm – Retiro de Adviento
o Viernes – Sábado, 5 – 6 de Diciembre:
• Convención Diocesana. Ontario Convention Center
o Viernes, 12 de Diciembre:
• 7 pm – Misa por Día de la Guadalupana
o Sábado, 13 de Diciembre:
• Haciendo Galletas
o Domingo, 14 de Diciembre:
• 3 pm – Cantos Navideños
o Viernes, 19 de Diciembre:
• 6 pm – Tradicional Posada
o Miércoles, 24 de Diciembre:
• 6 pm – Misa de Noche Buena y Navidad
o Miércoles, 31 de Diciembre:
• 6pm – Misa de Acción de Gracias
o Sabado, 3 de Enero:
• 6:30 pm – Celebración de la Epifanía
This Week At St. Luke’s
Week of November 16-22, 2014
o Sunday, November 16:
• 9:30 am – Gathering in the plaza
• 9:50 am – Kids are invited to attend Godly Play Sunday School or join us in church, either in pews or in quiet play section at front of church.
• 10 am – Worship begins
• There will be a very short business meeting, in the church, immediately after worship.
o Monday, November 17:
• 6 pm – Firehouse open for Young Adults Ages 18-25
• 7 pm – Women’s AA 11th Step meet in Jr. High Room
o Tuesday, November 18:
• 6 pm – Firehouse open for High School Youth
o Wednesday, November 19:
• 7 pm – Women's AA meet in Jr. High Room
o Thursday, November 20:
• 7 am – Firehouse open for Middle School Youth
• 7 pm – Bible Study @ Bryan’s Office
• 7 pm – AA Big Book Study Room in Jr. High
o Saturday, November 22:
• 12 pm – Meeting for Women's CODA
• 7 pm – Young People's Meeting of AA in Jr. High Room
Esta Semana en San Lucas
Semana del 16 al 22 de Noviembre, 2014:
o Domingo, 16 de Noviembre:
• 11:45 am – Procesión a la iglesia para comenzar el servicio
• 12 pm – Misa y Catecismo del día de todos los santos y fieles difuntos.
o Lunes, 17 de Noviembre:
• 6 pm – Firehouse abierta a todos los jóvenes adultos 18-25
o Martes, 18 de Noviembre:
• 6 pm – Firehouse abierta a todos los jóvenes en high school.
o Miércoles, 19 de Noviembre:
• 6 pm – Oración Vespertina. Pueden traer algo para compartir.
o Jueves, 20 de Noviembre:
• 7 am – Firehouse abierta a todos los jóvenes en middle school.
o Sábado, 22 de Noviembre:
• 7 pm – Reunión para Jóvenes de AA en Jr. High Room
Meetings of Twelve Step Programs
Mondays: 7:00pm Women's 11th Step Meeting
Wednesdays: 7:00pm Women's Discussion
Thursdays: 7:00pm Big Book Meeting
Saturdays: 12:00pm Women's CODA Meeting
Saturdays: 7:00pm Young People's Meeting of AA Mixed Meeting leader/discussion meeting
All Meetings Held In the Junior High Room Under The Parish Hall