We are a new faith community taking shape in a beautiful, long established setting. Trusting that God is present not only in the Church but also in the World around us, St. Luke’s strives to follow Jesus by opening our doors to everyone and anyone seeking to open their hearts and minds to the… [Continue Reading]
For Sadler Hall availability and scheduling please e-mail Facility Use Request Form to email@example.com Thank you!
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered, when broken relationships are reconciled. Whenever… [Continue Reading]
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered,
9:30am: Gathering prior to the church service in Sadler Hall or patio.
10:00am: Procession into to the church to begin the worship service.
Godly Play for children K-2nd grade is held during the first part of the service. Children will rejoin their families during the passing of the peace.
11:00: Coffee Hour after Church
12:00pm: Misa en Español
Horario de Celebraciones en Español
Todos los Domingos:
Procesión 11:55 AM.
Inicio de la Celebración - Misa 12:00 PM.
Escuela Dominical - Preparación para Primera Comunión 12:00 PM.
4o. Miércoles de cada Mes:
Misa para Enfermos con Rito de Sanidad 7:00 PM.
Al terminar la Misa nos reunimos a convivir y a compartir lo que los feligreses traigan.
Contact Us – Contáctenos
St. Luke's of the Mountains Episcopal Church
2563 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
Office: (818) 248-3639
Fax: (818) 248-9740
The Rev. Fr. Kirby Smith
Vicar / Vicario
The Rev. Pr. Jorge Pallares
Associate Vicar / Vicario Asociado
Church Administrator / Administradora
Los Angeles County Sheriff Dept
Non-Emergency Only (818) 248-3464
The little stone building that is on the east side of St. Luke’s property was the second Crescenta Valley fire station in 1930. (The first fire station was open in 1924 on Hermosa Avenue.) According to Mike Lawler, president of the Historical Society of Crescenta Valley, when Foothill Boulevard was expanded the front part of the fire station was cut off. The old Station 19 was moved down the road to 1729 W. Foothill Blvd., where it remains today.
● Tuesdays 6pm to 9pm: High School Youth from the area. Come out to eat food prepared by parents and volunteers. There is a homework room, a pool table, pinball machine, air hockey. All year around you will see 20 - 30 skaters in the church parking lot hitting jumps and rails.
All are welcome!
Coming Up at St. Luke’s/San Lucas
• March 1: 7pm – Ash Wednesday & Beginning of Lent
• March 10: Pasadena Bad Weather Shelter. We join several other churches and organizations to provide cots and food when the outside temperatures become cold. We need volunteers to help organize the two nights, cook and general services such as handing out blankets. The time commitment is from about 5:30 to 9:00 pm. People in the past have found it to be a very rewarding experience. Youths ages 15 and older are welcome to help out. Please speak with Rev. Kirby for more information and to volunteer.
• Sunday, April 9: Palm Sunday & Passion
• Thursday, April 13: 6:30pm – Maundy Thursday, Bilingual Holy Eucharist, Foot-washing, & Agape Meal
• Friday, April 14: 6:30pm – Good Friday Bilingual Service with Stations of Cross
• Saturday, April 15: 7pm – Easter Vigil Bilingual Service
• Sunday, April 16: Sunday of the Resurrection – Easter Sunday
Proximos Eventos y Celebraciones
• Miércoles, 1 de marzo: 7pm – Miércoles de Ceniza e Inicio de la Cuaresma.
• Sabado, 4 de Marzo: 9am a 4pm – La Feria de Ministerios de la Iglesia Episcopal en Los Angeles Presenta "El Pueblo Se Mueve." Incluye talleres como Canta tus Oraciones, Ofreciendo Santuario, Metitacion Cristiana, Collo Llegar a y Tener Una Conversacion con la Comuninad LGBT, Como Empezar un Grupo de Jovenes,
Como Ser Un Mejor Cristiano, La Vocacion del Diacono, Un Año para Cambiar Tu Mundo. Inscribase en: http://www.feriaepiscopal.com/inscripcioacuten.html
• Viernes, Marzo 10: Pasadena Weather Shelter. Voluntarios interesados hablen con Mike Lundergan o Rev. Kirby
• Domingo, 9 de abril: Domingo de Ramos y Pasión.
• Jueves, 13 de abril: 6:30pm – Jueves Santo, Institución de la Eucaristía, Lavatorio de Pies, y Ágape.
• Viernes, 14 de abril: 6:30pm – Vía Crucis y Rito de Viernes Santo Bilingüe
• Sábado, 15 de abril: 7pm – Vigilia Pascual Bilingüe
• Domingo, 16 de abril: Domingo de Resurrección - Domingo de Pascua
This Week At St. Luke’s
Week of February 5-11, 2017:
● Sunday, February 5:
* 8:30 am - Bible Study for all ages. Bring a bible or use one here. We will focus on the Sunday Scripture and bring it alive in community study and reflection.
* 9:30am - Gathering prior to service on the patio or in Sadler Hall
* 10 am - Worship begins.
● Monday, February 6:
* 7 pm – Women’s AA 11th Step meet in Jr. High Room
● Tuesday, February 7:
* 6 pm – Firehouse open for High School Youth
● Wednesday, February 8:
* 7 pm – Women's AA meet in Jr. High Room
● Thursday, February 9:
* 7 am – Firehouse open for Middle School Youth
* 7 pm – AA Big Book Study meet in Jr. High Room
● Saturday, February 11:
* 7 pm – Young People's Meeting of AA in Jr. High Room
Esta Semana en San Lucas
Semana del 5 al 11 de Febrero, 2017:
● Domingo, 5 de Febrero:
* 11:45 am - Procesión para comenzar el servicio.
* 12pm - Servicio Dominical en Español
● Lunes, 6 de Febrero:
* 7 pm – Grupo de AA para Mujeres Paso 11 se reúnen en Jr. High Room
● Martes, 7 de Febrero:
* 6 pm – Firehouse abierto para jóvenes de high school
● Miércoles, 8 de Febrero:
* 7 pm – Grupo de AA para Mujeres se reúnen en Jr. High Room
● Jueves, 9 de Febrero:
* 7 am – The Firehouse abierto para jóvenes de middle school
* 7 pm – Grupo de AA Estudio del Libro Grande se reúnen en Jr. High Room
● Sábado, 11 de Febrero:
* 7 pm – Grupo de AA de los Jóvenes del Pueblo se reúnen en Jr. High Room
Meetings of Twelve Step Programs
Mondays: 7:00pm Women's 11th Step Meeting
Wednesdays: 7:00pm Women's Discussion
Thursdays: 7:00pm Big Book Meeting
Saturdays: 12:00pm Women's CODA Meeting
Saturdays: 7:00pm Young People's Meeting of AA Mixed Meeting leader/discussion meeting
All Meetings Held In the Junior High Room Under The Parish Hall