We are a new faith community taking shape in a beautiful, long established setting. Trusting that God is present not only in the Church but also in the World around us, St. Luke’s strives to follow Jesus by opening our doors to everyone and anyone seeking to open their hearts and minds to the… [Continue Reading]
THIS WEEK AT ST. LUKE’S… Week of April 19-26, 2015 Sunday, April 19: 9:30 am – Gathering in the plaza 10 am – Worship begins. Kids are invited to join us in church, either in the pews or in the quiet play section at front of church. Monday, April 20: 6 pm – Firehouse open… [Continue Reading]
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered, when broken relationships are reconciled. Whenever… [Continue Reading]
God’s Holy Spirit moves through all human life. We all experience the power of that Spirit with every breath we take. The Spirit’s presence is clearest in moments of depth. Moments when justice triumphs, when the rejected are welcomed, when wounds are healed, when forgiveness is received and offered,
9:30am: Gathering prior to the church service in Saddler Hall or patio.
10:00am: Procession into to the church to begin the worship service.
Godly Play for children K-2nd grade is held during the first part of the service. Children will rejoin their families during the passing of the peace.
11:00: Coffee Hour after Church
12:00pm: Misa en Español
Horario de Celebraciones en Español
Todos los Domingos:
Procesión 11:55 AM.
Inicio de la Celebración - Misa 12:00 PM.
Escuela Dominical - Preparación para Primera Comunión 12:00 PM.
4o. Miércoles de cada Mes:
Misa para Enfermos con Rito de Sanidad 7:00 PM.
Al terminar la Misa nos reunimos a convivir y a compartir lo que los feligreses traigan.
Contact Us – Contáctenos
St. Luke's of the Mountains Episcopal Church
2563 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
Office: (818) 248-3639
Fax: (818) 248-9740
The Rev. Fr. Kirby Smith
Vicar / Vicario
The Rev. Pr. Jorge Pallares
Associate Vicar / Vicario Asociado
Church Administrator / Administradora
Coming Up at St. Luke’s/San Lucas
o Sunday, May 2:
• 1-5 pm – "Parenting Your Adopted Child" by Kaleidoscope, a community for SoCal adopted children of color and their families, and an affiliate of Pact an adoption alliance. To be hosted at Vista Del Mar, 3200 Motor Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
Bringing home an adopted baby or child is the most amazing fulfillment of what has often been a lifelong dream of connection and nurturing for parents-to-be. Once your child(ren) is with you, the joy continues but so does an increasing awareness of the complexities of the journey in a world that is not always adoption-friendly. Join us for an afternoon of exploration of strategies that support your child’s positive sense of identity with lots of time dedicated to ask questions and focus on specific issues. To register at https://www.pactadopt.org/events/event_detail.asp?event=209
o Sunday, May 10:
• 10 pm – Mother's Day Celebration
Proximos Eventos y Celebraciones
o Domingo, 26 de Abril
• Celebraremos el Día del Nino. Nacesitamos; Pinatas, Dulces, Juguetes, Jugos, y Comida para los Ninos.
o Domingo, 10 de Mayo
• Dia de las madres - La celebracion sera especialmente dedicada a Dios por las madres vivas y haremos una oración por las difuntas. Solicitamos la colaboración de los Papas para festejarlas.
o Domingo, 24 de Mayo
• Día de Pentecostés - Haremos nuestra Tradicional Fiesta de los Pasteles por el Cumpleaños de la Iglesia. Anotense en la lista y decoren su pastel de acuerdo al mes del año.
The Fire House
The little stone building that is on the east side of St. Luke’s property was the second Crescenta Valley fire station in 1930. (The first fire station was open in 1924 on Hermosa Avenue.) According to Mike Lawler, president of the Historical Society of Crescenta Valley, when Foothill Boulevard was expanded the front part of the fire station was cut off. The old Station 19 was moved down the road to 1729 W. Foothill Blvd., where it remains today.
On Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 9pm high school age youth from the area come out to eat food prepared by parents and volunteers. There is a homework room, a pool table, pinball machine, air hockey. All year around you will see 20 - 30 skaters in the church parking lot hitting jumps and rails.
All are welcome!
This Week At St. Luke’s
Week of April 19-25, 2015
o Sunday, Arpil 19 :
• 9:30 am – Gathering in the plaza
• 10 am – Worship begins. Kids are invited to join us in church, either in the pews or in the quiet play section at front of church.
o Monday, April 20:
• 6 pm – Firehouse open for Young Adults 18-25
o Tuesday, April 21:
• 6 pm – Firehouse open for High School Youth
o Thursday, April 23:
• 7 am – Firehouse open for Middle School Youth
• 6 pm – Sadler Hall open for Art Class hosted by The Firehouse. Contact Mary O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Esta Semana en San Lucas
Semana del 19 al 25 de Abril, 2015:
o Domingo, 19 de Abril:
• 11:45 am – Procesión a la iglesia para comenzar el servicio
• 12 pm – Misa y Catecismo en español.
o Lunes, 20 de Abril:
• 6 pm – Firehouse abierto para jóvenes adultos 18-25
o Martes, 21 de Abril:
• 6 pm – Firehouse abierto para jóvenes de high school
o Jueves, 23 de Abril:
• 7 pm – Firehouse abierto para jóvenes de middle school
• 6 pm – Clase de Arte en el Salon Parroquial, organizado por The Firehouse. Para más información hable con Mary O’Keefe por correo electrónico: email@example.com
Meetings of Twelve Step Programs
Mondays: 7:00pm Women's 11th Step Meeting
Wednesdays: 7:00pm Women's Discussion
Thursdays: 7:00pm Big Book Meeting
Saturdays: 12:00pm Women's CODA Meeting
Saturdays: 7:00pm Young People's Meeting of AA Mixed Meeting leader/discussion meeting
All Meetings Held In the Junior High Room Under The Parish Hall